Friday, October 1, 2010

Vegemite

For those of you who are either adventurous or Oceanic born and raised, know of the wonderful spread known as Vegemite. It's a heavenly goodness consisting of yeast extract, and some other ingredients no one has ever heard of. It's actually really healthy for you because it is LOADED with vitamins and minerals. The taste itself, is ABSOLUTELY horrendous.

I first tried this amazing stuff in 2007 when I first came to Australia. I had never heard of vegemite before then. As a nice gesture, I brought plenty home for friends and family so that they could try it out. Since I've been back here, Kraft, the makers of vegemite, created a counterpart called Cheesybite. It pretty much consists of vegemite with cheese in it. I'm told from my Aussie mates, it was to attempt to secure the American market for it. Unfortunately for Kraft, this stuff will NEVER stick in America. But then again, Australians hate Peanut and Jelly sandwiches... Enjoy!



Cheers!

-H

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! Nutella > Vegemite. Although Nutella claims to be part of a healthy breakfast... and then you realize it's actually just glorified chocolate syrup.

    ReplyDelete