Friday, December 17, 2010

Sunshine and holidays

The weather is hot, people are out on the lake and Christmas is a week away. Weird part about it is, it doesn't feel like it. Everyone is out shopping for last minute deals and I'm just trying to find a calendar to actually get my life organised.

On Thursday I packed up all my belongings and dragged it to my friend OJ's place for the next few weeks. I'll be house sitting for her and taking care of her doggies! Lucky for her though as she is going to Singapore and then the U.S. for holidays. All of my mates are already gone for the new years so it's just me Jakey and Missy! The weather has been crap lately with thunder storms and rain so it'll be a tropical Christmas indeed!

Her place is pretty nice. Spot on the lake, pool, internet, pool table, built in bar, TV and a lovely car in the driveway. Which is funny, because I JUST got my license last week, haha. But my roommate Steph mentioned that I am used to driving on the right side of the road and asked how long I've driven in Australia. In which I responded, "a day".

No plans for Christmas. Just me and the dogs. I'll also be working as much as possible to save up for future trips and such. The job is coming along alright. 20 hours a week, can't complain. So it gives me spending money in the pocket. Brainstorming my next big trip and where to head to for my April/May break. Any ideas feel free to shoot them my way! I am either contemplating New Zealand or Asia.

Overall, life is still good. Sort of in this limbo before I move in to my new place for the semester and hopefully the year. I don't want to move again if I don't have too. Plus the spot is prime and for the price, very good house. But more on that later when I move in!

Cheers and 再见!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment